Saturday, April 24, 2010

Error 404 in IE?

Thanks for help; I have updated IE and still got 404; my site is hosted on my own web server, so I think there is no need to set the custom error message,yes? But when I try to access my site from other comp, it still works with Mozilla, but IE cant find a page (404)? How can it be fixed? Please help!?



Error 404 in IE?microsoft.com





I'm going to assume "your own web server" is Microsoft IIS. In the Internet Services Manager (I believe that's what it's called), right-click on the web site and make sure you have an IP address assigned to the web site. If not, then I believe it uses your local IP (127.0.0.1), which isn't accessible from any computer but yours. Try setting the IP to your IP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers