Friday, November 27, 2009

IE ports question???

does anybody know how to secure and close my IE port on my computer?? and how do i get a new ip adress?? some kid on myspace just told me my ip adress and he told me that my ie ports were open thats how he got it.



IE ports question???ies





If your firewall is on and set to default, your ports are closed. Your IP address means nothing unless there is a way for someone to gain a login on the machine, it is dynamic and changes at intervals anyway. Don't take too much notice of show-off kids, your IP address is seen at any site you log into, and it is not difficult to read it. Try going to



http://www.whatismyip.com to see what I mean. Remember any machine offering services across the internet exposes it's address to the world through one port or another.



IE ports question???windows update internet explorer



Well, he's sorta correct.



When you surf the internet with any web browser, the server knows your I.P. address.



The only way to block people from knowing your i.p. address is to sign up for an anonymous proxy server...over kill since "everyone" knows "everyone elses" i.p. address.
Colinc is Kinda Right All sites that you visit knows your IP Adress. I would recommend that you go to hackerwatch or Norton to get a free port Scan. if you are really serious about your security change the way you log on to windows and use the method that requires a username and password. Go to User Accounts in Control Panel and Click Change the way users Log On or Log Off. And Uncheck use the welcome screen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting servers